Notebooks to Cute Journals


My daughters LOVE to write in any notebook they can find. Whether it's a small little note pad, post-it notes, composition books or a binder with blank paper in it. They write and draw in everything! It's great when it's something they're suppose to use, but sometimes it can be annoying and wasteful when they use my stash of extras.
Back in August, when Wal Mart had their great back to school sale, I loaded up on the composition notebooks. They are normally around $0.70, but during Back to School, they were 4 for $1! For Christmas, I decided to make my girls a personalized notebook that they can write and draw all over.
I know my girls will love these!!

These are just composition notebooks covered in scrapbook paper. I personalized them with a monogram or their name and inked the paper for a distressed look.
These could be much cuter and more involved if you wanted. You could also do it with a notebook with blank paper for those artists in your life who love to sketch.
In the interest of time, I went very simple.
Now I have a very easy inexpensive present for my girls that they will really enjoy!
I hope you can make one for somebody who will really like it too!






This project is linked up at:
Craft DIY Ideas Photobucket The Girl Creative The Trendy Treehouse Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? Those look fantastic! Years ago, and I'm talking like over a decade and 3 kids ago, I used to paint the covers of the composition notebooks. I loved the results, but it was time consuming! I love this - this I can totally do! And both my girls are just as obsessed with notebooks & stationary as I am! :)

    Stupid question - What happens to the binding part when you open & close? Doesnt the paper get messed up? You must forgive me - my skills start & stop with a glue stick! I'm not kidding.
    And you just used mod podge I assume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'll probably end up commenting on ALL of these stocking stuffers because they're ALL adorable...these included! Love 'em :0)

    Just curious, how did you stick the paper to the book? Glue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sofia,
    Those notebooks, they are so simple...I didn't even use mod podge, though I probably should have. They would be more durable if I had. And the binding, you know those black and white composistion books, they have that thin black binding that seems like masking tape? Well, I just cover it with paper while the book is closed and I just use hot glue to attach it. The binding has always seemed to be okay. But then I again, I've only used them for me and not a 5 year old. So will see how they hold up.
    Thanks for stopping by the blog and for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    Hot glue from a higher temperature glue gun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those books are absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for finding my blog and leaving such a nice comment!
    --Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these! Perfect for the girls and they are so pretty!! Thanks so much for linking up to Ladybug Blessings Handmade Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To make the binding more durable...cover it with clear contact paper!

    If you have a moment, please link these adorable notebooks up at Creative Juice Thursday!

    nicolette @
    http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2010/12/creative-juice-thursday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Nicolette, great idea! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grand idea!!! I made some a while back, but I do think I like yours even better! :) Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions :) Hope you stop by again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your choice of papers...thanks for linking up to CJT...

    Hope to see you both again soon!
    nicolette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl, these turned out fabulous. Very beautiful, and easy. Thanks for finding me, and linking up to **Amaze me AUgust** I really hope to see you again.

    I FEATURED you today, so come by grab a button, and display it proudly.

    Thanks again,

    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete

We're so glad you stopped by! We read ALL your comments because we LOVE to hear what you have to say!

If you have any questions please leave your email or link it to your comment & we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...